- Formulas for quiz 1 are posted, click on "Quiz solutions" link below
- Homework set 2 and solutions are posted
- Lecture 3 , 1/12/2018
- Lecture 2 , 1/11/2018
- Lecture 1 , 1/9/2018
- Remember to attend discussion/problem section this week (second week) on Wednesday
- Note new TA office hours given below. On Tu of second week, TA Office hours will be: 2-3pm, 4226 Mayer Hall, 3-4pm Tutorial center
- First lecture is Tuesday, January 9th.
- First discussion section is Wed Jan 17th (next week, not this).
- First problem section is Friday Jan 12th, WLH 2005. Don't forget to attend.
- Homework set 1 and solutions are posted (see link below "Homework assignments and solutions").
- Course organization, requirements and syllabus (first day handout)
- Please read the "Students' Responsibilities" section on page 1 of the UCSD Policy on Integrity of Scholarship, here is a pdf. If in doubt, ask.
- Please include phys2c or just 2C in the subject line when you send email about the course, so it goes to the right mailbox
- Textbook: Halliday-Resnick, 10th ed. For electronic version, see below. For hard copy, get it at the bookstore.
Lectures: TuTh 3:30p-4:50p, F 10:00a-10:50a YORK 2722
Quizzes: some Fridays, 10:00a-10:50a YORK 2722 (see Course and Quiz Schedule above)
Discussion 1: W 5:00p-5:50p PCYNH 1062
Discussion 2: W 6:00p-6:50p PCYNH 1062
Problems: M 6:00p-7:50p WLH 2005, and Friday Jan 12, 6:00p-7:50p WLH 2005
Course Text: Halliday Resnick 10th edition, Fundamentals of Physics. You can get hard copy at the bookstore.
For electronic version, sign in at www.wileyplus.com/class/613398, use PROMO CODE: UCS63 to be charged $49 instead of $140 (works when selecting Online Access only option). It also gives you a 14 days free trial period. READ THIS FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
Course Description: See General Catalog
Final exam: Tuesday 3 – 6 p.m.
Instructor: Jorge E. Hirsch, 5310 Mayer Hall, Ext. 4-3931, e-mail: email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday 1:30 - 2:30 pm, Friday 1:30 - 2:30 pm
5310 Mayer Hall is near southwest corner of building, outside balcony
Teaching Assistant: Shauna Kravec, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Wed 2-3pm, 4226 Mayer Hall, and Mon 2-3pm and Tu 3-4pm, MHA 2702 (Physics Tutorial Center)