Welcome to Physics 211A, Solid State Physics, Fall 2017
- Office hour this Monday 3:10-4:10pm instead of 2-3pm.
- Homework set 3 is posted
- See correction on last problem of second homework set
- Send me your choice of special topic as soon as possible
- Read about the covalent bond in Chpt. 1 of Ibach and Luth (see "Other books" below)
- First homework set is due Tuesday Oct. 9 at the lecture
- First lecture is Thursday, September 28.
- Please include 211 in the subject line when you send email about the course
Lectures: Tu Th 12:30p - 1:50p, Mayer Hall 5301
Course Text: Ashcroft / Mermin, Solid State Physics
Course Description: See General Catalog
Instructor: Jorge E. Hirsch, 5310 Mayer Hall, Ext. 4-3931, e-mail: email@example.com (include 211 in subject line)
Office Hours: Mon 2-3 or by appointment