- You can pick up your final at instructor's office Monday 12/16, 2-3pm.
- Final and course histograms are posted
- Final solutions are posted
- Instructor office hours today (Mon 12/9) will be from 12:50pm to 1:50pm instead of 2-3.
- Final formulas are posted
- Homework set 10 and solutions are posted.
- Review session Friday Dec 6, 4-5:50p, WLH 2205
- Homework set 10 is posted.
- Note: the topics of quiz 5 includes the topics covered in the 9th and 8th homework sets as well as those of the 7th homework set that were excluded from quiz 4, i.e. problems 14, 15, 41, 42.
- Quiz 5 formulas are posted
- Wed 11/27 Discussion Sessions: Session 4-4:50 is cancelled, please attend the Session 3-3:50, Cntr 205. Will be held by instructor.
- Homework set 9 and solutions are posted.
- Office hour this Thursday is 1:30 -2:30 instead of 2-3
- Homework set 8 and solutions are posted.
- Quiz 4 solutions are posted.
- Note: problems 14, 15, 41, 42 of homework set 7 are not on quiz 4 topics.
- Quiz 4 formulas are posted
- Homework set 7 and solutions are posted.
- Homework set 6 and solutions are posted.
- Quiz 3 formulas are posted
- Homework set 5 solutions are posted.
- The location of the problem session this Thu 10/31 will be Mayer 5301 instead of in MYR-A 5623
- Instructor office hours this Thu 10/31 will be 1:30 to 2 and 2:30 to 3 instead of 2 to 3.
- Histogram of quiz 2 grades is posted (at link "Quiz and final grades" below).
- Homework set 5 is posted.
- Homework set 4 and solutions are posted.
- Quiz 2 solutions are posted.
- Homework set 3 and solutions are posted.
- You can pick up your graded quiz at instructor's office hour today
- Quiz 2 formulas are posted
- Quiz 1 solutions are posted.
- Homework set 2 and solutions are posted.
- First quiz: Monday Oct. 7, 5 pm, Peter 103. Please be on time, bring blue book and pen (not pencil).
- Problem session Thu Oct. 3: 6pm-7:50pm, MHA 5623. Enter the building through the MHA 2nd floor Center entry door that will be unlocked.
- Quiz 1 formulas are posted.
- Homework set 1 and solutions are posted.
- First lecture is Thursday 9/26, 11am.
- First problem session is Thu Sept. 26th, 5-6pm, MHA 2702
- Reading for week 1: Chpt. 1 of textbook
- Please include 4C in the subject line when you send email about the course
- Electromagnetism in a nutshell (pdf)
Lectures: Tu, Th 11am-12:20am, WLH 2205 ; M, 5:00-5:50pm, Peter 103
Quizzes: Monday Oct. 7th, Oct. 21st, Nov. 4th, Nov. 18th, Dec. 2nd; 5pm-5:50pm, Peter 103. Please be on time.
Discussion: (1) W 3-3:50, (2) W 4-4:50pm, Cntr 205
Problems: Thursdays 6pm-7:50pm, MHA 5623
Final exam: Wednesday Dec. 11, 11:30am-2:29 pm, PETER 102
Course Text: E.M. Purcell and D. J. Morin, Electricity & Magnetism, Third Edition
Course Description: See General Catalog
Instructor: Jorge Hirsch, 5310 Mayer Hall, Ext. 4-3931, e-mail: email@example.com
Office Hours: M 2-3pm, Th 2-3pm, or by appointment. MH 5310.
Teaching Assistant: Chuncheong Lam, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Fri 2-3 (Sec A01), Fri 3-4 (Sec A02), MHA 4661.
- It is a good idea to keep up with the course, since each topic builds on the previous ones. You can't learn everything the last week.
- HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS: Problems from the book will be assigned every week, solutions will be posted on the web page . To fully understand the material, you should work most of the problems on your own without help of the solution key. Homeworks will not be graded.
- QUIZZES: Closed-book quizzes will be given on alternate Mondays, the first one on October 7th. There will be lectures on the other Mondays. There will be no make-up quizzes.
- COURSE GRADE will be computed from the average of the 5 quizzes (50%) and the final exam (50%). If you need to miss a quiz due to unavoidable circumstances AND notify the instructor beforehand, it will not be counted and the final exam will count 10% more.
- You should attend all lectures, discussion and problem sessions, take notes and ask questions
- You should take advantage of office hours, especially if you are falling behind or having trouble.